September 26, 2016

What is your perfect day?

When I visualize my perfect day 5-10 years from now, it starts with an early morning routine of meditation, visualization, reading and writing.  Once I have spent time grounding myself and feeling empowered to accomplish what I want, I begin to take action.  I go exercise, whether it be running, biking, yoga, swimming, or weight lifting.  After my work out, I help my wife get our future children get ready for the day.  After they get off to school or day care, I start on some focused work from my home office.  I have clearly defined goals of what I want to achieve that month, that quarter, that year, so I know each day the main actions I need to take to accomplish them.  The morning is my time to produce.  I leave email, phone calls, and social media alone until I’ve spent a few hours building my business.

After a productive morning, I see myself setting out to work with other people.  I have a lunch meeting with a prospective business partner or client.  Then, I head to the office to work with my leadership team.  My focus is on helping them to become the best leaders that they can to help move the business that I’ve created forward.  After helping provide my team with direction and focus, I head to pick up my kids from school and take them to sport practice, or musical rehearsal, or some other club activity.  While they are busy with practice, I take care of emails or make phone calls to be able to close out the business day.


The evening is filled with quality time with family and friends.  We have dinner as a family each night, and I spend focused time with each member of my family to know what they are most excited about from their day.  We are involved in our church and community.  Some nights, we will head to community gatherings, or volunteer our time.  Once we get home and the kids go to bed, I have a drink (wine, beer, or herbal tea) with my wife and wind down from a balanced day.  When we head to bed, I feel fulfilled in mind, body, and spirit, and I am ready to get a good night of sleep and begin again the next day.

Now, it's time for me to go achieve it!

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment