September 21, 2016

Discovering Your Why

Why do I want to live the freedom lifestyle?

When I think about why I am on this planet, I continually come back to a mission of “helping people to become the best version of themselves”.  I am a very analytical person and focus a lot on data, details, and processes.  However, I really feel as though the character traits that set me apart from other people that have a similar framework is how much I enjoy working with people and helping them to learn and grow. 

I spent two years as a middle school teacher, and I very much enjoyed working with my students to learn mathematics as well as grow in their study habits and feel confident in their abilities.  Prior to that, I was very involved in college with individuals with intellectual disabilities and helping them to build a social structure that made them feel more connected to those around them.  Now, as a manager of a consulting team, I enjoy the one-on-one conversations talking about struggles that my team members are facing and asking them focused questions about how they think it would be best to solve the problem and how I can help them in the journey. 


To me, freedom will be when I am able to focus my efforts on helping people being the best that they can and leveraging my analytical mindset to create structures to get to their goals in the most effective way.  I look forward to being able to remove the negative influences in my way, to have clarity around the group that I am meant to help, and feeling confident that I am truly showing up in the world to the best of my ability.  This will allow me to be free to be the best person I can be! 

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment