September 20, 2016

Finding Your Focus

Hello!  It’s me again.  I know I have been away from posting blog posts for quite some time.  This site was an amazing resource for me as I researched and identified where I wanted to go next in my career.  Now, 5 years later, I am still searching for what is right for me.  Perhaps, I should have been posting all along.  Looking back at these posts, there are a number of insights that I’ve had to re-learn.  Who knows, maybe I could have kept them front of mind had I kept up the habit of posting and saved myself some time.  Recently, I was pointed to a challenge by Natalie Sisson, The Suitcase Entrepreneur, for a 10-day blog challenge.  So, I’m going to be posting some more reflections here to share my thoughts.  I don’t yet know where I’m headed, but just like before, I’m excited for the journey.  This time, I feel as though I have a number of great resources like Natalie guiding me on my path.  I hope you enjoy!


What are the things that are your biggest challenges from living your ideal lifestyle?

Negative Influences
I tend to get a good portion of my energy from the people surrounding me.  When I am with people that are positive and optimistic, I truly am at my best.  However, when I am surrounded by people that are negative, I begin to feel negative myself.  Right now, I do not feel all of the people around me personally and especially professionally are helping me become the person I want to be.  I need to upgrade my network.

Unclear Focus
I know that I have been struggling in finding fulfillment lately, and I have been taking a number of steps to gaining momentum to move forward.  For example, I have gotten up early each day for the last 2 ½ months to complete Hal Enrod’s MiracleMorning.  Similarly, I’ve been listening to podcasts regularly, which has lead me to join Geoff Wood’s master mind, The Inner Circle, after listening to The Mentee continuously.  Also, I’ve read more books in the last 3 months than I probably have in the last 3 years!  The problem with building all this momentum is that I don’t have clarity around where I want to go.  I know that I need a change; I am ready to take action; but I don’t know where to go.

Limiting Beliefs
Growing up, my dad was a successful business man.  I always admired how well he did in his career and how much he seemed to enjoy his work.  I have a lot of similar traits as my father, so I’ve always seen myself following in a similar career path.  Now that I am experiencing some success as a manager within a growing business, I don’t feel the fulfillment that I expected.  A number of my reflections point me toward starting a business.  However, I have a limiting belief that I can’t start my own business.  Entrepreneurs have something “built” inside of them; I don’t have that – I’m a business man.

This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment