August 1, 2011

Introduction

Greetings!  Welcome to my blog.  I am a twenty-something man that is attempting to determine what I would like to do with for my career.  Let me explain my situation a little more, so you can understand what is motivating me.

I have been a student as long as I can remember.  Literally!  My day care when I was a child was at a university where college students helped to run the day care and teach preschool.  My love for being a student has not stopped.  (According to the StrengthsFinder test, one of my top strengths is "Learner")  On the contrary, I have struggled to find the same love for the jobs I have had.

In college I got a Civil Engineering degree and worked for three semesters at engineering firms while still in school.  I spent the two years after college doing service.  I was a 6th-8th grade math teacher in a small Catholic school.  Even though I love math, I have since learned that I am in the vast minority.  (I know.  Shocker, right?!?!)

I loved my experience as an engineer; I loved being a teacher; and I have always loved being a student.  However, I am still searching for what exactly I should do in my career now that I am no longer a classroom student.  Let's be honest, we are all students in a class call life!

This blog will hopefully communicate my journey in trying to find my "dream job" - the one that requires the unique set of skills that I myself possess.  I hope followers can learn from what I have done (or haven't done correctly) as I move through this process.

Also, I encourage you to comment on posts as much as you can.  Learning comes in many ways, and I hope to learn as much from you as you can learn from me.  I hope you enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this journey with everyone! I look forward to keeping up with you during this life experience and look forward to sharing with the kids too. Jared is starting high school this year and will begin to seek out what he would like to do with his life. This may just give him some insight! We love you, Jason - good luck! Jen, Mike, Jared & Emma

    ReplyDelete